Friday 5 August 2016

My Dog Has Died: What Do I Do? - Wendy Van de Poll

My Dog Has Died: What Do I Do?
Wendy Van de Poll

Would you like a special way for healing pet loss?
Have you experienced the death of your dog and are you dealing with pet loss grief?
Are you feeling alone and out of sorts while coping with the loss of a pet?
Do you want to keep a connection with you dog on a spiritual level?

The good news there is a book to help you right NOW!
Healing pet loss is not as difficult when you have this book on hand.

Does the following sound familiar for what you are experiencing?

You just arrived home and in an instant, you realize that something is very different. Your house is quiet and there is a cold feeling of emptiness. These feelings are taking on a life of their own, and suddenly reality hits you! Your dog is not bounding through the house to greet you. Your dog is no longer enveloping you with unconditional love, kisses, and endless joy. Devastated you ask yourself, “What am I going to do?” The answer to this question and the good news is that Wendy is sharing her new book with you as she supports you through your pet bereavement journey. Offering you tools and compassionate guidance to help you heal from the trauma of pet loss. Sharing helpful ways to deal with all the changes that you are going to experience immediately after the death of your dog. Plus, special ways to prepare for the future. If your dog has died and you are experiencing grief, having difficulty making important decisions, and you want to do something special to not forget the life you shared with your dog then this book is for you.


Please Pass The Books Review

My Dog Has Died: What Do I Do? Making Decisions and Healing the Trauma of Pet Loss by Wendy Van de Poll, MS, CEOL, is the second book in The Pet Bereavement Series, following My Dog Is Dying: What Do I Do?: Emotions, Decisions, and Options for Healing. An expert in pet loss grief support, Van de Poll helps readers come to terms with the gravity of emotions they experience while grappling with the death of their beloved companions. Offering guidance and compassionate reassurances that most of what a reader is feeling is natural, she then reaches further, covering all the necessary requiem from helping children understand, making funeral and memorial arrangements, whether or not a reader might be ready to get another dog, and many other areas. These insightful and compassionate chapters include examples, case studies, and questionnaires at conclusion to help assess where in the grieving process a person may be. Van de Poll ultimately allows readers insight on her expertise as a medium, educating those grieving on spiritual connections and afterlife.

My Dog Has Died: What Do I Do? Making Decisions and Healing the Trauma of Pet Loss by Wendy Van de Poll is a jewel of a guide for anyone who has lost their dog, but will certainly prove useful even to those who are grieving over the loss of their cat, or another adored pet. Van de Poll writes with the compassion and caring one needs during a time such as this, and she achieves this while affirming her authority the field. It's really important that people in these circumstances feel that the pain they are experiencing, and how they are coping with it on an individual level, is normal. Van de Poll validates the grieving process and allows readers with additional tools to assist them on the journey. Nobody ever wants to think about their need for a guide such as this one, but it will prove to be an invaluable source to those who read it.

Review written for Readers' Favorite.


Goodreads    Amazon     


Hi, I'm Wendy...

My life crumbled on December 9, 2013, when I got the news that my partnership with Marley (our Samoyed) was going to end. Marley had cancer. “She might only last another week or two, maybe a month,” he said. In fact, he was surprised she was still alive at all.

I was devastated. What was I going to do? I was losing my best friend, teacher, partner, and guide. How was I going to survive without her? My husband and I saw the CAT scan and the big honking tumor, but there was no way I was giving Marley up without a fight.

During those last ten months of “Marley Time,” I had two goals . . .

One was to do everything I could to keep Marley happy and comfortable. The second was to take the lessons Marley had taught me about how to be joyful and find a way to continue to integrate them into my life without her.

On September 22, 2014, our eyes connected as did our hearts. Marley asked me to allow her to move on. We both knew it was time.

I finally understood her lessons of unconditional love, and I was ready to face the world without her.

As she took her last breath, I knew exactly why Marley was put into my life. She helped me learn to stand on my own. And even though she wouldn’t be coming home with me again, I could choose to be happy by remembering to come home to myself!

Thank you, Marley!

Website     Twitter     Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment